Days 40 & 41 – Treatment days 13 & 14

Another ‘not much to report’ day(s).

Bladder preperation is still proving to be difficult. On both days my bladder was too small so had to wait for 10 minutes for it fill up a bit more. There is a minimum size that it has to be. I’m told that there are very tight limits on bladder size for me. Other patients that are having pelvic radiotherapy don’t have such tight limits to work within.

I’m hoping that by the end of the five weeks I’ll have this cracked!!

The reduction in pain seems to be continuing and even though I’m still having to get up during the night for a pee, I’m not needing to take painkillers which is very encouraging.

Had my check up with my stoma nurse and she is happy with the way things are going.

Had an interesting conversation about wind! Not the meteorological sort though! It seems that onions give me wind and she said that if you’re making a bolognese (for example) and fry the onions it sets off some sort of reaction that makes the onions give you wind. If you add them afterwards without frying,  they don’t.  Also, people find that broccoli gives them wind, but not if you only eat the heads and not the stalk.


Cecil is still working fine and I’m pretty happy with this aspect of my current predicament.

I had a client meeting the other day with a client that had Hodgkins Lymphoma. She had chemotherapy intravenously and had a hellish time. She didn’t want to eat, didn’t want to drink because everything tasted terrible. She was hospitalised three times during her treatment with really high temperatures and just had the most awful time. She is now in remission, but the more people I meet that have had cancer the more I realise that I am in a very fortunate position.

So far, I haven’t suffered too much and am still able to eat ‘normally’, those of you that know me well, know that I do like a bit of grub!

I’m looking forward to my treatment ending and getting back to eating at my favourite restaurant and having a few glasses of wine, both of which are off limits at the moment, it’s a small price to pay however.

It’s hard to believe that I’m nearly at the end of week three, it seems to have gone quite quickly. Five weeks sounded like a long time at the beginning!

So, we carry on as usual with my end of week routine, radiotherapy and a blood test to ensure that I’m still coping with the treatment ok.  Hopefully all will be well and I can start week four.

That’s it for now.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s