Day 187. Post op day 55


No real news to report, my recovery continues with small steps forward each day.

The wound continues to heal with a small amount of concern about one end of it.  This is where the ‘cavity’ that I wrote previously about was/is; it’s quite difficult to get a good look at the wound due to it’s location!

In the last few days I have started to drive although staying local as wary of sitting for too long.

I am now back at my desk ‘full time’ but again, with plenty of breaks so that I am not sitting in the same position or place for too long in one sitting – excuse the pun!

Next week I have some local appointments to go to, it may be that I will need to take my ring (surgical cushion ) with me as not 100% comfy to sit without it, especially on a hard chair.  That should make introductions interesting!

When I last saw my surgeon he was happy with the wound and now doesn’t want to see me until I am three months post op, so I will be seeing him  again on 24th April.

As you will know, the concern with the wound is that it will split or break down putting me back to square one; not somewhere where I fancy being.  I asked if there was a point at which you could stop worrying about the wound breaking down and he said it is unlikely now but not impossible.  He went on to say that he had seen a wound break down after ‘several years’.  So it seems that this will always be something for me to be aware of.

On the upside, it means I can sell my bike as I won’t be using it again!

On Saturday we took the momentous decision to go out for lunch!  This has been a long time coming.  Only a local restaurant so not far to travel.

But, the ring had to come with us. I think I will have to give the ring a name as, like Cecil, it’s going to be a part of my life for a little while.  Ronnie, perhaps??

Anyway, back to the matter in hand.

We decided that we would sneak Ronnie in, in a bag so as not to draw too much attention.

We were shown to our table and in the blink of an eye, Ronnie was out of the bag and I was seated relatively comfortably.  As it turns out it was handy as without the extra height that I have by sitting on Ronnie, the table would have been a bit too high for me to eat comfortably.

It was a very nice lunch, made all the more special by the fact that we had waited a long time to eat out.

To be honest, I shouldn’t have sat for that long as my backside was aching by the time we got home. But, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Cecil continues to work well and it’s as if i have always had him, it’s just about getting into a routine.

So, the next few weeks are going to be about ensuring the wound continues to heal and getting the sit/lay down balance right.

It certainly feels like I am making progress, the temptation of course is to do too much, which I need to resist.

That really is about if for now, thank you, as always, for taking the time to read this.

Take care, keep well and remember….

Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s